Saturday, April 3, 2010

Try Doing Business Online at Holiday Time

This is a simulcast with Duncan's Diurnal Diatribe
Have you ever had a problem and tried to solve it online over a bank holiday weekend? For the last few bank holidays I have had something to try to resolve that surfaced just as the holiday had started or was about to start. Something different each time.
In all faith and with confidence you write to the support line, help line ... and explain everything. Then sudden death. Nothing happens. Nothing.
So this has happened again: I got an email on Thursday to tell me that the latest upgrade to some software that I want to upgrade has arrived. Yesterday, Good Friday, I tried to upgrade but for some reason it won't accept any of my email addresses as my registered address even though my copy is fully registered.
So I wrote yesterday morning to ask how to resolve this and pay for the upgrade. Death by silence.
If I complain about this or make a suggestion when they do reply, which effectively will be Wednesday because it's American software and I am more than a working day ahead of them, they will ignore it as a whinging Limey's rant!!
End of rant!
DW

2 comments:

  1. Here's my update, sent to Betsy Weber is TechSmith's Chief Evangelist:

    9th April 2010

    Dear Betsy,

    TechSmith sent me an email a couple of weeks ago, just before the Easter weekend, telling me Camtasia Studio 7 is here. You suggested that I upgrade. So I tried. And tried. And tried.

    Your system is refusing to accept the email address I have registered with my fully registered and legitimate copy of Camtasia Studio 6.03.

    I wrote to your support desk and waited. And waited. And waited. Didn’t even get an acknowledgement.

    I wrote to your support desk again and waited. And waited. And waited. Still didn’t even get an acknowledgement.

    I have tried three times altogether to get a response from your company. I am living in central Asia at the moment and our times zones do not overlap in any meaningful way so I cannot call you.

    Yours is the only email address I have found that belongs to a person rather than a corporate lump. So please advise what I should do now to give you even more of my money in return for your product ... I am a RETURNING customer Betsy!!

    You might be interested to read the Blog entry I created about this matter: interesting for you as someone working with the WOMMA don’t you think?

    ... this blog posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the email - I replied back earlier today. Please let me know if you did not receive it...

    I also checked with Tech Support and they don't have record of hearing from you. Did you use a different email? Trying to figure out what happened on our end. Any insight on what URL/form you contacted us through would be helpful or what email you used.

    Thanks for your patience! Much appreciated... I'll wait for your email response.

    Betsy Weber | Chief Evangelist | TechSmith
    +1 (517) 410-0030 | b.weber@techsmith.com
    Blog: http://visuallounge.techsmith.com
    Twitter: @betsyweber and @techsmith

    ReplyDelete