Monday, April 30, 2012

Just Eat

Here's a peculiar thing. I came across an article in the FT yesterday on a company called Just Eat. The essence of the story is that "Just-Eat, an online takeaway site, has raised $64m from private equity group Vitruvian Partners and other investors to help it gobble up smaller rivals, in Europe’s largest ecommerce fundraising yet this year." What's so good about that? I had never heard of the company! So I did a search for them and found that they are here in Halifax too. Well, they are everywhere: an online booking service. Not just a link to the local pizza shed but a restaurant's entire menu is online, you choose from it then Just Eat sends a message to the restaurant which then fulfills your order. Good idea and I am not being paid to write this: I am just surprised that I had never heard of it before! I am not sure if you need a subscription to the FT to read it but see the article Just-Eat raises $64m for acquisitions By Tim Bradshaw, Digital Media Correspondent at http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6c805dd2-9097-11e1-8adc-00144feab49a.html#axzz1tFw6P9cn Duncan Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment