Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Swings and Roundabouts

I checked into an hotel from one of my favourite chains and was immediately disappointed. The check in experience was dreadful. The towels are grey and old. There was just one bar of soap in the bathroom (and yes, there is a bath in there!). And a few other annoyances. I was going to rate them as poor: excellent hotel with three star service.

Then bit by bit the staff have changed my opinion: chamberpersons couldn't be better, the egg chef at breakfast is excellent, the breakfast waiting staff are very good. Finally, I just went for a sandwich and not only did I get a brilliant veggie sandwich but one of the waitresses came and made me an offer of a free cake! I accepted and when THEY came I was overwhelmed: the carrot cake was really very good. I could only eat three of the five they gave me ... all small, by the way!

Well done the staff at the Sheraton Deira Dubai

Duncan Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment