Thursday, February 16, 2012

You WILL pay ... I WILL NOT!

Manchester Airport has been asking passengers to put a refundable one Pound coin in a slot to allow them to use their baggage trolleys for quite a while now. I have never used that "service" as I come home and quite often do not have such a coin with me. As I depart I found it very inconvenient to try to get rid of the trolley and get my Pound back: so I stopped doing it.

No great problem.

I just had a newsletter from Manchester Airport that tells me that from April this year there are going to be brand  new trolleys for us ... they are investing one million Pounds in them ... the Pound or two Euro coin will now be non refundable ... they will have GPS tracking in them!

They say

To continue making multi million pound investments in the airport when the cost of air fares are reducing, means that airports can't continue to provide services like trolleys for free. We know that charging for trolleys will not be a popular decision. This is why we are following the advice of consumer groups ...

Which consumer groups? No one asked me and I use the place more than most people!! Air fares are reducing are they: I'd like to see their evidence for that!

I will be independent of Manchester Airport's RyanAir style money making scheme.

Duncan Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment